We are looking for an HVAC/R technician with at least 5 years’ experience and the demonstrated ability to take care of our customers. This person must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose small and large HVAC equipment and controls. Experience with refrigeration systems is a plus. They must be a self-starter with the motivation to work with and mentor other team members. The ideal candidate has the desire to build their career with a stable, growth-oriented, market-leading company.
· Responsible for operating and maintaining heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems. This role also entails identifying, diagnosing, troubleshooting, analyzing, and repairing of various types of HVAC equipment.
· Demonstrate proficiency in customer service, written/verbal communication and team-work skills with contractor representatives, supervisors, co-workers and other subcontractors.
· 5 years (minimum) of Commercial/Industrial HVACR service & maintenance experience
· Current EPA Certification.
· Demonstrated ability to function both independently and as part of a team.
· High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
· Demonstrated experience and ability to Perform work accurately and thoroughly, including under stressful situations.
· Demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
· Make decisions and / or take actions to resolve work issues.
· Stand, walk, and reach outward constantly, and lift/carry up to 60 lbs unassisted.
· Exercise fine motor control and possess excellent hand-eye coordination.
· Job demands frequent work on heights (lifts and ladders), reaching above shoulders, crawling, squatting, kneeling, bending.
· Demonstrate dependable and trustworthy behaviors.
· Computer skills a plus
At all times, show a respect for FourSeasons, Inc. Uphold the Mission and Vision Statements and maintain a high standard in all work you complete.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Perform repairs, overhauls and start-ups of commercial and industrial HVAC refrigerant and mechanical systems.
· Perform preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacements, and modifications.
· Control wiring and high voltage.
· Maintain truck and keep inventory well stocked
· Maintain other equipment and tools and ensure proper working order of company property
· Check in with office for scheduled jobs after the completion of each job and at the end of each work day. Manage time wisely to scheduled jobs are completed each day.
· Check in with client at the beginning and end of each job and obtain client signature/approval on company provided forms when necessary before beginning task(s).
· The technician may serve as a direct contact of his/her company to customers, which places him/her in the best position to provide sales leads to the sales coordinator to work on.
· Complete paperwork for each job, including stating job status, duration, and daily time.
· Perform consultations by determining customer needs and discussing all solution methods
· Conduct performance tests with specialized tools
· Prepare for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layout, gathering material and coordinating on-site work with customer and project manager.
· Identify and solve problems that might impede the completion of work within budgeted time.
· Maintain knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
· Ensure proper working order of company property (vehicle, equipment, etc.) and report any damage or needed repairs as soon as possible.
· Provide technical assistance with the design of HVAC systems including installations and modifications to existing systems.
· Support the training of staff in installation of HVAC systems, equipment, ductwork, etc.
· Confirm that all technicians/installers have proper personal protective equipment available and understand how and when to use it.
· Keep jobsite as tidy as possible to prevent unnecessary accidents during the course of work; clean up the site after project completion.
· Ensure proper and adequate installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair, of HVAC related systems.
· Operate company vehicles and handle company property with respect and care.
· Document equipment installed and overview with customer when tasks are completed.